NYSC Registration Requirements For Foreign Trained Graduates

Students trained overseas have repeatedly called on the officials of otondo.com.ng to give guidelines or clarifications regarding their registrations. Today, their voices have been heard.
In this post, we are going to be talking about the Requirements for Registration or Mobilization of Foreign trained Graduates

Before we begin, foreign trained graduates should note the following for strict compliance:

1. The Website address for online registration is portal.nysc.org.ng 

2. Foreign Trained Graduates should ensure that they have functional e-mail addresses that they can access and Nigerian (GSM) phone numbers with which to register. 

3. They will be using the Email address and password to login to the NYSC portal, so are advised to keep it safe

4. Foreign trained graduates should ensure that their Institutions are accredited. Where in doubt, it is their responsibility to approach Federal Ministry of Education for verification. The letter of verification must be uploaded during registration.

5. When NYSC opens Registration Portal; Foreign trained graduates are to visit the NYSC portal, register and upload the following documents:
  • Original O'level certificate i.e. WASC, GCE, NECO, NABTEB, IGCE, GCSE, High School Diploma or its equivalent with five(5) credits including Mathematics and English in not more than two(2) sittings. 
  • Original Degree/HND certificate or its equivalent. Note: the letters of attestation or 'To Whom It May Concern' are not accepted in lieu of Degree certificate. 
  • Original Transcript of Degree/HND Certificate or mark sheet (For Indian Universities).
  • International passport showing data page, visa page showing date of departure for studies and date of return to Nigeria after studies. Note: Graduates with dual Nationalities are required to Upload Data pages of both international passports during online registration and present the two passports at the NYSC orientation camp for evaluation.
  • Residence permit for the duration of study (for ECOWAS countries). 
  • Medical Doctors, Pharmacists, optometrists, Nurses, Medical Laboratory scientists must upload evidence of registration with their various professional bodies and practicing licence. 
  • Evaluation Letter from the Federal Ministry of Education.
  • Graduates who did "top-up" programmes are required to upload Foundation course certificates like NIIT,APTECH, OND, INFORMATICS e.t.c 

For Foreign Trained Graduates Who Are Exempted

6. Procedures For Collection Of Exemption And Exclusion Letter

Graduates who are 30 years and above at the time of graduation will be exempted, while those whose mode of study was part-time will be Excluded from service. Graduates are either exempted or excluded are to present the original credentials they uploaded for physical Evaluation at NYSC Headquarters, Abuja when their certificate of Exemption and the letter of Exclusion are ready for collection.

READ ALSO: How to choose best states for your NYSC service

What about foreign graduates who loss their international passports?

For loss of international passport, foreign graduates are advised to obtain and upload:
  • Police report from the country where the international passport got lost. 
  • Sworn Court affidavit for loss of the international passport.
  • Evidence of stay in the country of study
  • Obtain a new international passport and upload the data page. 
What about foreign graduates who loss their academic credentials?

For Loss of O'level certificate i.e WAEC, NECO, and NABTEB e.t.c. Get a confirmation of result from the examination body eg. WAEC, NECO and NABTEB and upload it on the portal. 

What about foreign graduates who loss their degree certificate & transcripts?

They should obtain confirmation of certificate replacement copy of the lost credential from their institution of graduation. 

WARNING: Foreign Trained Graduates whose institutions or course of study are not listed on the NYSC Portal, should not choose any other institution or course, but should obtain evaluation letter from the Federal ministry of Education and forward same to the NYSC for upload.

READ ALSO: How to choose best states for your NYSC service

All registered foreign graduates must present original copies of their credentials in the camp for physical verification.

Source: NYSC Headquarters

If you have questions as regards to this information, use the comment section below

No comments:

Post a Comment